Saturday, December 10, 2011

December 9, 2011

That is cool that you got the blog up and running. Now we won't lose the responses I give...EVER.

I am glad that the Ornamental Nativity went well because of all the work that people put into it. That is a really large number of people that turned out. Having 20 people interested in a DVD is pretty cool too, cause that's how I think now. I was telling the guys in my District a little bit about how big the Nativity was and they were all really impressed. <Insert - There were 1300+ nativities on display.>

We definitely did get to see the First Presidency Christmas Devotional this week and it was a really nice change from the usual Sunday talks... not that I don't like them, but it was a nice change.

I do feel like I am working hard, but I really feel like I need to work a lot harder. I have trouble focusing some of the time, but I have learned a ton in my time here already. I don't feel bad about what I've done so far, but I think that with about 4 weeks left I still have a lot more that I want to learn before I head out.

From one of my teachers we learned that it takes about 2 weeks for the mail to get to America from Chile so the mail is pretty reliable.

I got my package in the mail already and I have the Christmas tree set up in my room already and it feels a little more homey. Elder Weeter was really impressed with your ideas.

I haven't sent my memory card yet, but I have a letter I wrote for you as well as the description of the pictures. That will probably be good to go on Monday so expect it in not too long. I already bought a Spanish Hymn book and got it engraved cause anything you buy at the MTC gets free engraving, so why not. That should be ready by the end of the day today.

The weather here is getting a little cold, especially walking across the MTC in shorts on Mondays and Thursdays for 6:30 am gym time, but I love early gym so it doesn't bother me. Also I feel like I have been staying relatively active and that I have been eating really healthy. I am up to 157 lbs in this short time.

Our devotional on Tuesday was by Elder E Snow of the seventy and his wife. His wife talked about the temporal benefits of going on a mission and he talked about getting the members to focus on doing missionary work. Both were good but I had a hard time writing notes for his talk.

I have to tell you that I'm going nuts since after Thanksgiving. It makes me seem like a terrible person, especially being a missionary, but I am already sick of Christmas music cause we probably sing 2-3 Christmas songs a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment