Sunday, December 4, 2011

November 11, 2011

Was glad to hear from you and the district got a kick out of "hello boy" at the beginning of the letter. Keep signing them funny if you want but don't call me Elder McCaskill I miss my first name already.

Elder Weeter is from West Jordan Utah. We should be going to Antofagasta together.I have already taken some pictures of people but I have been really busy and so it isn't very many yet. I'm starting to settle in now though so I should have more opportunities to do that, and I'll send the memory card home before I leave here. My schedule here is starting to become normal although I am missing the sleep.

Spencer's mission call (Insert - going to Sophia, Bulgaria in February 2012) is sweet and I bet he is pretty pumped for that. Tell Hoys not to be worried, as the teachers around here say "You aren't called to fail".

The Spanish is coming good but it is still really hard. I have started reading The book of Mormon and Predicad Me Evangelio (Preach my Gospel) in Espanol. They want you to try and speak your language as much as you can and i am finding that the hardest as I don't like saying things I don't know 100% but I need to get over that. My reading is coming along the quickest though and I have been reading le Libro de Mormon out loud to help my pronunciation. I had said that being here would be like school that you can't fail at, which is not very accurate. My week here has been harder than any year of school I have ever done. It's no wonder that people come back from their missions and are so successful if they really work hard during their missions because right now its like 13 hour days of studying.

I had forgot to mention that I met someone on my way down. Elder Kastendik from millwoods (I think the spelling is correct). That was really nice to have someone to talk to. Had my first real P-Day today and got to go to the temple and do an endowment which was a nice break from everything.

I hope you guys had a good week.

Also about e-mails, if you are sending something by e-mail, no matter how small, just send it through Dear Elder because it is so much nicer to get mail than an e-mail, at least for the next 8 weeks.