Saturday, June 16, 2012

June 11, 2012

I notice that you waited a quite a large amount of time before telling me that you bought a Mac. I am not really surprised that one of the computers died because they are pretty old, but I would have thought it would be the Mother board or CPU in the other one. But, it's not really that big of a deal because I still plan on coming back and buying a new computer, so you can make due with your Mac for now.

I don't think I will get used to the weather here entirely, but I am noticing that I am getting more accustomed. I have had to wear a jacket a couple days. I also bought a sweater made of Alpaca wool today. I really like it and it is formal enough to wear while proselyting, so I am pretty happy about that. Also, we got 8 dollars taken off the total price of mine and Elder López's when we bought them together...yay bartering.

When we were in TGIFriday´s today I noticed that the world cup soccer was on... that's about it.

We have had a really good week watching the bishop tear it up and start off with the drive to do the work. In fact, he was out with us last Monday evening. Other than that I don't really have a whole lot to tell you this week. This has been a long transfer (number of days). A long transfer that has gone very quickly. I should be receiving my new transfer information on  Saturday night and my new companion on Monday or Tuesday (Elder Lopez is finishing his mission this week). So... my next E-mail should be with my new companion.

Strange Cultural fact of the week: Chile is one of only a few places in the world that still has a completely volunteer fire department.

Talk to you next week.

Love,
Jord

PS. Feliz día del padre Papá (Happy Father's Day Dad)