Saturday, May 26, 2012

May 21, 2012


It's about time you replaced that tree in the front yard. It was really pitiful looking and depressing. I would love to do something better with the back yard when I get back home. There is lots of wasted space at this point and we are not doing much back there. Also, I won't be bothered by eating around bugs when I get back, so we'll be able to eat outside more in the summer.

I really don't have much to say this week because we are still looking for people to teach at this point. This week we found 3 people, two of which lived in other sectors, so we had to just pass the reference to the other sector.

That would be great if Grandma and Doreen go to Hawaii. She should enjoy going there and she has waited long enough I think. From what Elder Parker and Elder Wells said (both have lived in Hawaii), the weather in Hawaii is pretty much perfect all the time, so it sounds like you can't really go wrong. 

We did have zone conference that is every 3 months in Antofagasta this week and I got to see Elder Christenson from the MTC, who is now serving in Tocopilla and was Elder Lopez's companion two transfers ago. We always get along really well, so that was nice to see him.

I am also going to do a strange cultural fact of the week whenever I learn something new:
In Chile, it is rude to ask people what they are cooking or to lift the lid on a pot, even in your own house.

I feel bad I don't really have anything else to write, but I will talk to you next week.
Also, I don't really want to write more because this keyboard is terrible.

Love 
Jord