Monday, May 7, 2012

April 30, 2012


After all that happened this week, I am going to start with the good. We had the wedding this week and it went really good. Everything was on time and the decorations looked really good. Me and Elder Valle were there and we sat at the table of the family, which I thought was really strange, but Elder Valle felt was really normal.  It was a civil marriage and it all felt impersonal, and she talked about some books they can buy to help their marriage and some weird stuff. Apparently there is a really limited number of people who can do marriages here which is something different. Bishops or ministers can't even officiate a marriage.

The Baptism of Ismeal went really clean and was good. But now we get to the bad part... this week was super stressful for us because Daysi and her brother didn't get baptized. There are three children in that house all with the same mother and different fathers and Daysi´s real father called and put a whole lot of weird stuff in her head.  It put a lot of doubts into her mind and we really don't know what is going to happen with her right now, but we were there everyday last week for like an hour and a half or more and couldn't do anything, so I really don't know.

Things with Elder Valle are good, but I was feeling a little down. It came across in my letter to the president and he sent me a reply that kind of put everything into perspective for me. I kind of came to the conclusion that I need to change something about what I am doing in order to change what we are doing together.

I am really not getting better at soccer. My absolute distaste for it is overpowering any little bit of desire I have to play, so I'm just not playing. I did play Basketball today which was nicer.

Also, it doesn't feel like 6 months (Jordan reaches this milestone next week).

I really want to start working out, but I really need to have an actual workout that I can follow or I just get lazy. If you can try and find me a workout that is six days and focuses more on upper body, that would be helpful. If you can, it would be best to send it in text form for me so that I can print it off easily.

Love
Jord