Thursday, April 26, 2012

April 23, 2012


I am getting really tired of the weather here. You look at the temperature thing and see 20 degrees everyday and think that this is the greatest place in the world. I walk outside in 20 degrees in the place with the strongest sun in all the world and 20 degrees feels like 30 degrees and there is nothing but dirt. I need change...its always the same.

I don't really know what to say, so I´ll just start talking with my fingers and see what falls out. We are going to have three baptisms this week. One of them is the boyfriend of the daughter of the bishop. He's the one who has basically been in a holding pattern until he gets married on Friday and then baptized on Saturday. That is pretty much a guaranteed baptism in my opinion.

The other two are a girl and her brother. The biggest problem for the girl at this point is that she doesn't want to wear a skirt to church, but we are feeling pretty good about that. I think her brother  is a hundred percent onboard and loves the missionaries (me), so he is pretty good too. Their parents would probably be good to go as well, but they are living together and are not married, so they cant get baptized right now. However, the dad was at church this last week. These two are not actually from our sector. They're from the sector above us which also go to our capilla (chapel) and are without missionaries so we are working there because our sector is the smallest in the mission and we can get there really easy.

We are going to have a wedding in the sector this week which should be pretty interesting. I think that we are going that this week, at least for part of the time, to support him since he is the one getting baptized. I don't think this is a common thing here in the mission.

Oh... we get to talk on Mother's Day. You should get a webcam because we can use Skype and I think that would be better than talking by phone (personally). I think I am also going to try and send some photos using the Skydrive method. Tell me how that works in the next letter.

Love, 
Me