Saturday, March 16, 2013

March 11, 2013

This week was really short because we had a conference on Thursday and it meant that we had to travel alot. We did manage to meet up with Ivo again and now we just have to talk to his mom about baptism. I don't really know what is going to happen there, but we will see. From my point of view I don't see any downside for the mom, but sometimes people have very different views.

The bathroom looks really good and not at all what I had pictured in my mind. (We are doing some work on our main floor bathroom and sent some photos so far.) From what I understood there was going to be tiles on the roof. (No... ?? Tiles on one wall, floor to ceiling.) That being said, I really like what I see. Also, that new dimmer switch is sweet.

As your temperatures are getting warmer, we are getting colder.

The Cambios for this transfer are 2 weeks earlier - on the 25th of March. You can count 6 week periods until October and that is the day I leave. I think it is 20 something.

Elder Casas really got a lot more relaxed after the last Pday, so this whole week went really good. I think he is starting to loosen up with the people we are teaching, which I think will help him a lot because he teaches well (just lacks a little practice but that will come with time). I would find him a little cold at times, but this week was a lot better. Given that I am rarely really serious, it is bound to rub off a little bit.

That is really cool to hear about Paige leaving for her mission and her farewell talk. It should be cool to hear what is going on with that.

This week was pretty slow but the next should be more interesting.

Love you guys,
Elder McCaskill

Summary of audio clip...
This recording will probably be short as I'm on my way to the Cyber... I'm just walking right now.

As I mentioned in my email, this week we had a conference with President Bruce. It was really short, only about 2 hours. President Bruce spoke for a bit and then the Assistants spoke for a bit. I'm not really sure why they held it as it was so brief.

One good thing this week as that Ivo is back and there's more people in Diego which makes it a little easier. Ivo came to church this week so we were really happy about that. Now we just need to talk to his mom about him getting baptized.

... I'm climbing a hill... pant... pant...

El Salvador, one of the other sectors in my district - they're doing really well. They could quite possibly have 3 baptisms this  month. That would be the 1st baptisms in 13 months, so we're pretty excited about that.

This week seemed really short. We got some days taken up with travel and then it was challenging to find people to teach, so I don't have much news to share. Sorry for being so short.

Love you, talk to you next week.
Jordan

No comments:

Post a Comment