Saturday, March 2, 2013

February 25, 2013

So we had cambios and I am....staying in Diego. I have some mixed feelings... I actually really like the sector eventhough it is a little bit hard, but I don't know how General Conference is going to work. I am pretty sure that Diego does not have a satelite feed. As far as my current companion goes, Elder Royas, he is going to Antofagasta to a sector called Angamos. I don't know who my new companion is, not even his name - that's because, just like the missionary in your ward, I will be recieving a new missionary. Yep, I´m training. I will let you know later who it is.

My transfer was really weird because for a day and a half I was about 95% sure that I was going to be training in Diego. The poor new missionary has to do all his cooking and cleaning right off and is in a little pueblo where the membership is small in the church.

We only had three people in church this week. I really had no idea what to do. Summer vacation really takes it's toll.

Besides the cambios not too much happened this week that I didn't talk about in my recording.

The sacrament meeting for the miners is going good. We have some that are really active members here and a couple less actives. The miners really want to try and get people from the mine to go so that they can get references for us, and also for other sectors. It works for us too because it gives us more time to take more people. It is also nice because there is a less active memeber that is coming back to church because of all the time he is spending with the miners.

Well, I have to go now but I uploaded the recording.

Love Jord

Summary of audio clip...
Big transfer day... missionaries leaving today or coming today. I thought I'd be leaving, but am actually staying and will be training a new missionary. I don't know who yet. Usually when you train, you go to Antofagasta to get your missionary and bring them back to your sector. They got so many missionaries this transfer that they aren't doing that - they are just sending them out. That sucks because I really wanted to go to Antofagasta and eat American food... ha, ha! I heard that they are going to hold a newbie meeting pretty soon and they will send all the trainers to Antofagasta along with them. It sounds like that's what they have planned.

Transfers from our zone - Elder Royas is going to Antofagasta, but into a different sector than I served in. I'm not sure when my companion will get here so I'll probably go to ChaƱaral until he arrives. Elder Farnworth is leaving, Elder Heart who is in Tal Tal and Elder Smith are leaving. The other 2 missionaries in our district are staying. I'm excited to be training because you get an extra hour in the morning for companion study time. That's really nice because getting things done in the mornings here is difficult.

Last week we did a "zone attack" in Diego, where the whole zone meets and contacts. It was good although we didn't really find anyone new. Aside from that we had 2 investigators that were coming to church, but when we went by to get one of them last week, another Chilean man was at their home. He had been drinking and started yelling at us and slammed the door in our faces - it wasn't even his house. He was very angry and seemed to have some bad feelings about the church - we're not sure of the history there. We're a bit worried about our investigators and how they will react to that influence.

It's been a pretty normal week. We did some service for a less active sister. It was not what I expected. We were told we would be painting - when we got there she wanted us to paint a mural... I was like, ok. I don't know if we're the best ones for this job. She was super cool though. I'm really glad I'll be here for another transfer. I'm hoping we can get her to come out to church again.

I cleaned the Pension and folded my clothes before the new missionary arrives. I'm going to try and be very diligent with rules and routines so he has a good example to follow. I'll even try and do my exercises each morning.

That's all for this week. I'll let you know who my new companion is. I might be able to send a short email mid-week as they let the newbies email their families to let them know they arrived safely.

Love you, see ya!

New companion update... Wednesday...
I told you that I would probably be able to write something short about the transfers mid-week while my companion writes his family. So, here it is.

My new companion is Elder Casas from Peru, the city is called Peura. I really don't know anything about him yet. I think he is just trying to take it all in right now, but I should probably have a little bit more to write next week when he gets settled in and opens up a bit.

Well, I just wanted to let you know that real quick and I'll send you something more on Monday.

Love you all,
Jord

No comments:

Post a Comment