Tuesday, February 5, 2013

February 4, 2013

Something to tell you right off the bat - I have just learned that I will be going home 2 weeks earlier than expected. I will not be leaving in November but instead sometime in October. I don't know if you can change your vacation days, but that's what is going on. From what I understand, it's happening because of the age change for missionaries and also because they shortened the time in the MTC.


Today we had an interesting and somewhat different P-day again. This morning we went to go and do some service here in Tal Tal where we are passing p-day this week. In the afternoon it looks like we are going to be doing some meetings and also watching a church movie if we have time.

I will answer your questions first.

Firstly, I will not be ending my mission under President Bruce as he goes home in July and I go in October (see above). I will have a couple months with the new President but probably not enough time to really get into the new vision and everything.

I talk about it a little in the recording - Orlando didn't go to church this week, but we still have to go and see why this week.

It sounds like you guys had pretty hectic weeks at work to keep you busy. It is kind of a bummer when, but at least when you have lots to do it goes really quickly and the days never  seem to drag on.

You were a hundred percent right - I do not know who either of your visiting teachers are, but it sounds like they are good. On the bright side, you have visiting teachers. I think the only place that I have seen a functioning visiting teacher here is in Arica.

Random thought from Jord: He is dying to see snow!

I also can't wait to go and get a haircut that I like. I guess I can't complain too much given that a haircut here costs 4 dollars, but I don't think I've been truly happy after getting my hair cut here.

I'm glad you liked the article I referenced. Apply it.

Love Jord

Summary of audio clip:
As mentioned, we are in Tal Tal today, about 2 hours north of ChaƱaral. It's actually a pretty nice city. They put a lot of effort into keeping it clean.

It's been a hard week as we hardly taught any lessons - pretty much everyone is on vacation so we have only had a few lessons. One day we didn't have any lessons - I don't know how they do it in Europe where they can go days without teaching lessons. The branch president is on vacation so we are the only priesthood here. There's also a family of 4 away. So this week we had 8 people in church, including us. Next week there could be less. We're not even sure what to do - this sector is a little weird in that it's so small.

It sounds like I'll be coming home 2 weeks early - I'll confirm that with President Bruce to make sure it's not a rumour.

Today we did service - digging holes in the desert. It was kind of fun, but the ground is just rocks and sand, not quite like landscaping at home. I was really hoping for some black dirt - but that  didn't happen.

I got Brad and Julia's parcel (Jord's cousin and family). It's sweet! I like the t-shirt - the art is nice. It's funny getting little kid's art - it's sweet. So cool. The photos were also really nice. They're way more recent than the ones I brought almost 15 months - wow, time flies!

Hope you're all good. Love you guys.
Ciao!




No comments:

Post a Comment