Monday, February 11, 2013

February 11, 2013

I am glad you guys are really enjoying the recordings, but I didn't do one this week...I ran out of time. Sorry. Il'l do one next week.

Quickly - as far as the sector goes we had to let Orlando end as an investigator because it turns out that when we asked him if he was living together without being married the first time, he was not completely truthful. He has no intention whatsoever of getting married.

That being said though, we were able to find a couple from Columbia this week, and then they told us that their neighboor really liked talking about God. We went over there too and now we are teaching them as well, so we are in a lot better spot. There is also a chance that
we might have found a really good family of 4 that we can share with. We started talking to him because he had music that I liked playing. He 
just kept talking with us and said we could pass by another day as his wife was preparing the house to have a party.They were all really nice though.

It sounds like your new position is going to be completely different from what it was before. I get the impression that it was going to be a change of you role with some things around you staying the same area,  
but now it sounds like almost everything is changing.

I am kind of at a loss for things to say... and this computer I'm using is really annoying me so I am just going to answer some stuff.

As far as the food goes, I have not had a single day eating pasta in my sector this week. I don't know if I told you, but I made honey mustard sauce a couple weeks ago. This week I made chicken wraps with honey mustard sauce and cheese - it is like a lame buffalo wrap.
I also managed to find gravy here and bought some cheese and potatoes and made poutine. I have to say that this could be the greatest meal that I have had in my whole mission. I will definitely be making it again this week. Other days I just had random things.

These are the typical things we always eat here in Chile:
Chicken and rice
Chicken and mashed potatoes from a box
Soup of some kind that all tastes the same
Porotos (basically beans in flavored water mixed with overcooked
noodles)(my least favorite)
Pasta

That is pretty much it, but just over and over and over again. We rarely get fish or chicken that isn't boiled.

Well, this is really all I have for right now, so I'll talk to you next week.

Love Jord

No comments:

Post a Comment